Thursday, May 16, 2013

BA Lounge, JFK Airport

I had some very delicious berries,yoghurt and granola - not as sweet as most here - and coffee and said 'goodbye' to another cafe. I managed to squeeze everything into my pack and left it and my day pack with Warren and Susan and walked  a kilometre or so to a cafe in  Central Park where I had an early lunch. I went back, collected my bags, walked to the corner, stuck my arm out and a taxi stopped. Very easy.

I chatted to a lady from Sydney while waiting for half an hour or so for the checkin desk to open.  I explained to the nice gentleman what had happened on the way over and was there anything he could do, please, to stop it happening again. Turns out he is the duty officer  in charge of the other check in people and none of them can change my seat without refering to him. He will also be at the departure gate. I also wrote his name in my little notebook. We shall see what happens. It will be just my luck to have a very large person sitting either side of me.

At the end of the conversation, before he gave my boarding pass to me he wrote on it. 'This will get you into the BA lounge' he said.  Thank you very much. I have just had a very interesting shower . I could have water coming out from the top, or  shoulder height or top and shoulder or hip eight.  I had taken spare clothes with the intention of changing in LA, but the shower and clean clothes are lovely now.

I will now go and get some food.

No comments: